Friday, September 14, 2012

another week

So I am a little disappointed that i find out I have a new nephew but have NOOOOO pictures!!!!!! Come on Family!!! there's 6 of you at least ONE of you should be able to send some :) But yay!!!! I am soooo excited to have a new little nephew little Austin John!!!! That's sooooo exciting!!!! Congrats Jon and Dani! Anyways, this week was a pretty standard week other than we had investigators CALL US!!!! WHAATT?!! that never happens, and they called to set up appointments b/c they just couldn't go longer w/o us teaching them!!!! AHHH!!!! So ya that was pretty awesome! We had 3 investigators do that with us this week! It was so bizzare but i LOVE it! But ya I don't really have much to write about this week, we have awesome investigators and members and everything is just going great! We also have 3 investigators that are going to be going up to Chiang Mai w/ us this week for District Conference which is nuts as well b/c it's a good 6 hour trip to go and they are all just so willing and want to go for conference! How cool are our investigators!?!?!? One of the ones who is coming to Chiang Mai hasn't even had the chance to come to church here yet but wants to go to Chiang Mai! Soooo coool!!! Yesterday it rained so church attendence was pretty low... I don't know if I have told you yet but Thai people are afraid of the rain so if it is raining they typically will not go out and some turn off their phones and such b/c they are afraid of lighting etc. etc. so ya rain really slows things down for us here, but we still had 4 of our investigators show up so that was awesome!! We had a pretty good lesson with Eve this week. We discussed authority and such again b/c she was just not understanding why she needed to be baptized again, and it clicked finally, but she is still unsure. She got really scared, 1. because she is terrified of water and 2. she is happy and comfortable at her other church and i think she has pressure from her aunt to stay where she's at. But I think she knows that eventually she will need to be baptized and make this change and that's why she is so scared. We do however need permission from her aunt b/c she is only 17 so we are hoping we can get that! She did come to church w/ Eve yesterday which what AWESOME! But she only stayed for sacrament, so not sure what she is thinking, hopefully we will figure that out this week! Other than that things were pretty standard nothing super exciting but we have a lot of people who are progressing and on track to be baptized so I am super excited! I love this work so much and I know that God is truly preparing these people for the gospel and wants them to be a member of the church and receive all the blessings that come with that! Being a missionary is awesome! Hope everything is going well at home! Sounds like everyone is having a fun weekend for Labor day! Love you! Love, S. Itri Here are some pictures so you can count your blessings of having a nice church building and make sure not to take it for granted! This is our rented building in Phitsanulok and we have been working on removing the mold and making it look a little nicer! ha The group pictures are us @ the school where we have been helping teach english at.

No comments:

Post a Comment