Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 2

Hello again family! Well the MTC is still going well. Basically every day is the same, eat, sleep, teach, and learn all day everyday! But it has been fun! Things are going well with me and my companion and such. No real news to disclose. The language is coming along pretty good. I have just started to learn to read and write the script and that is slowly but surely coming along. It is crazy though! there are about 44 consonents and probably like 20 vowels or something like that. its nuts!!

Well our "investigator" is now our teacher, his name is Brother Chui and he is also a very good teacher, I like him alot. He has a completely different style from bro. Olsen and i think it is going to work much better for me. But I really do feel lucky to have the teachers I do b/c i feel like we really are progressing much faster than the older district. I can understand most of what they say and stuff and they are at like week 9 or 10 so that's pretty cool!

Oh ya Jason did you get that note i left you? It was pretty funny, when i went to drop it off i'm pretty sure your comp teacher was in there being an "investigator" and i was like asking to make sure it was the right room and he was just talkin in tagalog so i think he thought i was some of the new missionaries so but i wasn't thinking to tell him i was your sister b/c i was in a hurry so i just dropped the note and left. hahaha

So ya if you or julia could bring that stuff that would be great!!

But other than that, like I said things are pretty much the same every single day and you all know what it's like so i don't think i need to go into much detail. ha
We teach lessons in Thai almost every day, and now our teachers said we aren't allowed to use notes this week so it makes it a little more challenging b/c we would just use our books and plan out everything we needed to say and have it in front of us, but now they will only let us bring a dictionary so it is quite a bit more challenging, but i think it will be to our benefit, so that we don't rely on our books and notes and can actually learn and stretch ourselves to get the language down.


Well I hope everything else is going well! Love you all!

Oh and Jon and Dani if you want to send pictures of Linkin I am definitely not opposed. hahaha like i said he is the only one i truely miss!! and hope little baby topanganga is doing well! :)


Love, Sister Itri

No comments:

Post a Comment