So first off I have been gone for SIX MONTHS!!!!! WHHHAATTT?!?! I don't believe that at all! I just went to the MTC yesterday didnt' I? And there is no way that I have been in country for over 3 months now?!?! It BLOWS my mind! Missionary time is SOOO weeeeiiiiirrrrdddd!!! I don't like it! haha Things are always just moving so fast and so slow at the same time! It just doesn't make any sense!!!! But anyways just a random thought! Can't believe it has already been six months!
Ok so now for something way more exciting.... BROTHER OOH WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!! YYYYAAAAYYYY!!! It was sooo greeat!!! the service was PERFECT! Other than the fact he stressed us out a bit by showing up 20 minutes after we asked him too! (but we had a feeling he would be a little late so we asked him to show up 30 min before the baptism! haha) When he got there though we were very relieved! But we were said at the same time b/c the reason he was late was b/c he went to pick up Biim, but she ended up having to work and wasn't able to make it! That made me really sad, b/c I really wanted her to be there! But his mom was able to come which was awesome!!! She is so cute! As far as the service went, the 2 speakers were AMAZING, first was S. Nid, a recent convert who talked about the sacredness of baptism and such and just did awesome, then S. Mink spoke and just rocked it out too!! AHH it was just so great! The spirit was so strong there! Then he was baptized by our Branch President and then he bore a very good testimony.. he went off a little bit about some story about snakes... i didn't quite catch it all, but it was cute! and then just shared a few other experiences so that was awesome! This week we also talked to him about missionary work and he is praying about possibly going to serve a full time mission! He was really interested in it and said he knew it would make his life better if he did, so that is so awesome!! YAY!! I am soo excited for him!!!!
Ok other good news is we have a few more investigators with a goal to be baptized!! One is Naa and we gave her a date on the first lesson with her! She is so ready and willing to accept the gospel! and man is she a fireball!! She just talks and talks and talks!!! But I love it she is so great! and she already gave us a referral and brought a friend to the baptism!!! She is great!! and then we have Tukda who is awesome! She is so excited too! After the baptismal service she just felt the spirit so strong and she will be a great member as well! The first time we met her was at English class and one of the Elders turned to us and was like, yep she's gonna be baptized (w/o even talking to her) haha but she is so great and she really is so prepared for the gospel!
We also taught this one lady, Mone who we met off the invite a month or so ago and just went back to check up on her and turns out she has been praying every night, and then we gave her a Book of Mormon and she started reading immediately! She is really good, but she is afraid he family may have issues if she converts, so we're working on that! But it was soo cute, we were teaching her about Christ's Ministry and her grandson was there and as we were showing pictures we got to the one of Christ coming in the clouds and immediately he came to the picture and started kissing it and just throwing his arms up and got super excited!! IT WAS SOOO CUUUTTTEEE!!! and I know it's because he remember's Christ and showing the picture just got him all excited! AH it was so great! haha
And now for a last little random note... so the other day we go into our kitchen to make some dinner and we turn on the light and all the sudden this little Jing Joak (small little creepy pink lizard thing) pops up and runs into our toaster!! Scared us to death!!!! those things are everywhere here and we probably have about 10 of them in our house that hang around, but they scare us all the time!! We were way afraid to use the toaster for a day b/c 1. we didn't want to fry the Jing Joak and 2. we didnt want it to pop out at us, but eventually we did use it again and it was jing joak free! haha
Welp that's about my week for ya... sadly i have no clue what's going on at home b/c i got 0 news from anyone (hint hint) So I hope everyone is doing well! (PS has baby Topango come yet!?!?)
Love, Sister Itri
Jen, it's Jenn!!! I haven't forgotten about you. In fact I have a letter ready to be sent but I don't have an address to send it to. It sounds like you're having a great time and are doing really well. How's the food? Are you learning how to cook Thai food? Stop complaining about your mission going by too fast because from where I am, it's not. I need you back here!!! I love you and I miss you Sister Itri.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sister Newkirk :)
I love you Sister Itri! How lucky I am to have you here!!! You are the BEST!!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteMINK