Hello family!
So this week was a little crazy/weird/i don't even know how to explain it! haha So It started with the whole emergency transfer thing. So now I am in Bangkok, with a new companion, S. Carper, who goes home next week, and then our Mission President told me that I will be moving again and then my old comp. and S. carpers will both be coming back here once we both leave but right now they are working in the office trying to get better b/c one has a broken ankle and then the other they are still trying to figure out what's going on! AH! So yeah a little crazy!
But as for this area i LOVE it! It is so great! The ward here is amazing! And just so willing to help us with anything we need! I feel like i've been here forever b/c of how quickly they just come up to you and just love you! its so great! The only thing that has been a little weird is the fact that they all say that I look like S. Church, My companion in the MTC.. EVERYONE is like OMG you look exactly like S. Church! And ok i know that a lot of the time we say all asians look alike, so naturally they would say all white people look alike, but here's the thing... S. Church is half thai!!!! So apparently i look like I'm twins with an asian. But that's great b/c I want to be thai anyways so cool! I'm Asian now! WOO! But ya it was so funny... one lady at church yesterday literally thought I was S. Church and had just come back to visit, and said how she missed me and stuff... but then she realized I wasn't her! hahaha I love it!
Inline image 2 What do you think? are we twins or what!? haha
Everything else is going so good too! We have some super solid investigators that are going to be awesome! It's a little weird b/c i just got here, but i will be leaving in another week so we are just basically "babysitting" the area for a bit, but it's fun! We are super excited to get it set up for the other sisters! I am sad that I won't get to stay and see some of these people progress to baptism, but that's missionary life right? once things start to get good and ready to go, it's time for a change! So yeah! It will be interesting to see what happens! But I am super excited to be here! I love it so much already, i've already thought of protesting President and telling him i don't want to leave! hahaha but i really just hope that maybe in the future i will have the opportunity to serve in this area again!
It was interesting this week also, since it's Christmas time, we decided to study up on the Christmas story, and as we were, we started asking some members and a few others what they know about christmas... and its crazy to see how little they do know... members will say it's Christ's birth, but then don't know anything else about it, they don't know the story at all! it's sad! So we are going to try and teach it to members the next couple weeks. And then everyone else who's not a member thinks it's about Santa Claus or what they call "wan dek" or "day for kids" So yeah interesting to see! I am so grateful to know of the birth of our Savior! And for the true meaning behind Christmas! I hope that I can help people here understand it too!
Well, that's about all for this week! I hope everyone is doing great and excited for Christmas! Love you!
Love, S. Itri
No comments:
Post a Comment