Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 10

Oh my heavens it is already almost time for me to go!!!! Only 6 days left!!!! AHHHH!!!!! I am sooo excited It is going to be amazing!!! First off Happy Mothers day! Hope it was a good one! But this week was yet again another awesome week at the MTC! It started off last Tuesday night with our FIFTH apostle coming Elder D. Todd Christofferson. It was such a great talk! His wife started and talked about loving others and that we must show love to everyone and such, it was soo good! Then Elder Christofferson talked about The Doctrine of Christ. I realized we are starting to have a pattern of topics in here with the apostles, because Elder Nelson talked about the Doctrine as well! but they both simplified it so nicely and outlined what the Doctrine of Christ truley is! This week we also had the opportunity to have lunch with President Brown (The MTC president) He was very nice and we talked about Elder Christofferson's talk and some other stuff. But that was pretty cool. He also told us that it was very rare to have the opportunity to see 5 apostles, and that they are lucky if they can get one apostle a month here. So I feel so blessed to have had that opportunity (and our district is hoping to even it out and have a 6th one tonight.... even though it is very unlikely it would be awesome!!) TRAVEL PLANS!!!!! We got our travel plans this week and I am soooo excited!!! We leave next Monday So that means be expecting a phone call on Monday night!! I am going to try and call at the Salt lake airport somewhere between 5:30 and 8:00 i would guess... it depends how long it takes to get through security and everything... but be expecting a call! I also might be able to call from LA as well and we get there at 9 20 CA time so 10:20 here... so we'll see! But since i didn't get to call on MOther's day this will be my only call until Christmas! Also that means i won't be emailing next week either I don't think. This week they inconviently made us change buildings for our last week, still not quite sure why but it's all good! Our new building is not new at all.... we have moved to chalkboards and brick walls... ask Jason about it.. it's noooo fun!! I'm slightly bitter b/c they just moved all the english districts to a brand new building and they aren't even here for 3 weeks and they move the 12 weekers to a run down building! Ha but i only have to endure it for a week so it's all good! Other fun news! In the new English District we got this week one of the Elders is the son of a member of my Bishopric at the Elms! Elder Flygare is his name, but ya it's fun to have someone i kind of know! haha I also talked to and Elder who i believe is BYU's newest basketball recruit, Elder Chatman... He was really nice, he is going to Tawain and is in the same districts as one of my friends, Elder Relyea going to Taiwan also. But I have seen him play some BBall in gym and i am pretty excited to see our team in 2 Years!! He is sooo goood!!! From what I heard from other people (he didn't tell me this) but He was asked to come on his mission a little early so that he could be back to play for BYU.. not sure if it's true, but still pretty cool! I still cannot believe this is my last week in the MTC!! It seems like i have been here forever, yet at the same time it seems like i just got here!! But I am sooo excited to get to Thailand and begin teaching the people there!!! I have learned so much here in the MTC and now i will finally get to put it to use!! In just this short time my testimony has grown soo much and I know with out a doubt this is the True Chruch!! Jesus Christ is our Savior and through him we can have eternal life! I can't wait to share this message with the Thai people and share my testimony with them! The church is true. Love you all! Can't wait to talk to you on Monday! (Speaking of talking.... Is Linkin just a jabber mouth yet?!!) Hope everything is good and that the girls had fun in Florida!! Love you รัก ฃิสเตอร์ ีตรี (Love, Sister Itri)

No comments:

Post a Comment