Write Me! :) Write me! Thailand Bankok Mission 50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai A. Pakkret Nonthanburi 11120
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Week 8
Hello Family!
AHH!!! It's finally winding down!!!! in exactly 20 days from right now I will be sitting on a plane to Thailand!!!!!!! I cannot even believe it!! But this week has been another good one!! There was one day i got frustrated with the language, b/c our books have been wrong and there are a bunch of new translations and every word i learned for a lesson was wrong! So that was kind of annoying, but i'm over it now! haha
This week I get to add another apostle to the list i've seen here in the MTC!! Russell M. Nelson came last Tuesday and it was soo good!! he talked about doctine vs. doctrines, how doctrines are bad, such as the doctrines of man, etc, and it's the doctrine of Christ: only one, never changing, etc. it was really good though!! Also on sunday i went and watched one of the old devotionals from Elder Bednar on the character of Christ and it was AMMAAZZIIINNNGG!!!! Like seriously LIFE CHANGING!! I loved it! It really just talked about not what Christ did, but who he was, and the ways that we should strive to be like him!! I don't think i could adequately cover all the amazingness that was said in that talk and it really helped build my testimony in Christ and all that he did for us and just the kind of person he was. I honestly don't think i've heard a more inspirational talk!! Julia and Jason, if you can get access to it, you should definitly watch it, its just one of the MTC devotionals, so i don't think you will be able to find it online or anything, but i think teachers here might be able to! But ya super great messages this week! I loved it!!
A bit of random news.... I ran into an Elder Wade this week... as in Ken's son Max! It was suupper werid, I was just walking out of the computers and saying hi to the elders and then i hear a "hey, I know you... is your mom Jill?" and i said yeah and then he was said "my dad's ken!" hahaha then i saw his badge and it all clicked!!! CRAZY!! small world, but i guess he is going to St. George Spanish Speaking, so that's pretty cool. But ya random tidbit for the week!
This week we also learned about the king of Thailand and how once he dies (which apparently is probably pretty soon) there will most likely be a big revolt in Thailand, b/c apparently ppl don't like his son who is next in line for the throne or something like that so who knows what that means for missionaries!?!? It will be interesting to see how that all plays out! Im just hoping none of it happens for a year and a half, hahaha.
This week the English district in our zone left, i was pretty sad, they had 4 sisters and they were so fun to have around! but i am super excited for them, they are going to be such great missionaries!
Well, that's about it! Hope everything is goin well at home... still haven't heard from Jon, Dani, and James yet (hint, hint) I only have THREE weeks left here in the MTC, so get on it! hahaha I love you all!
Love,
Sister Itri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment