Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 9

Ok, well it was another typical week here at the MTC, are you surprised yet? haha But it was fun! Here is what me and my companion do for entertainment, we write songs. So I hope you enjoy it too! It is to the tune of "When Will My Life Begin," from Tangled, so Dani, I expect you will know the tune very well! haha When Will My Mission Begin? 6:30 A.M. the usual morning line up Start on the floor and pray to our Heavenly Being Polish, and dress, do make-up and then we'll work out Change again and by then it's like 7:15! So I'll read a verse or maybe 2 or 3 I'll add a few new words to my Vocabulary And I'll teach Praghad and dom and I'll basically Just Wonder, When will my Mission Begin?? Then after lunch it's teaching, tall and reading Personal time, a little devo and gym! visiting, district study comp inventory Then I'll Stress, maybe rest, take a break, Go Protest! Then I'll speak some Thai if I have time to spare I'll Cram my head some more, I'm sure there's room up there And i'll learn and speak and teach it all in Thai Stuck in the same place i've always been. And I'll keep wonderin, and wonderin, and wonderin, and wonderin, When will my Mission begin?? 3 Long Months, the training will end, Just like they do on a 12 week program What is it like, out there in Thailand? Now that I'm trained, The Church might just let me go! So, as you can see, even the little things become very entertaining here in the MTC, especially the longer you've been here, the stupider the thing, the more entertaining it is! haha Saturday was an interesting day, my companion was sick so we had to stay in the residence hall all day, which I thought would be great, and such a nice break from teaching and class and stuff, but I was wrong.. it was soooo boring and all I could do was study and i just had to stay inside with my comp all day and ya, it wasn't all that fun! haha but she is doing better now so that's good... and I'll let Jason tell you how he made a fool of himself then too... hahaha On sunday we had some fun visitors as we were walking to the temple... there were some old men protesting with crosses and stuff, they were here last week as well... don't really understand the concept of protesting here in Provo, but hey, to each their own right? But they were nice i guess.. Me and my companion walked up to the corner and they said "let's sing a nice song for these lovely sisters," and then they proceded to sing some song about a prodigal child or something like that... it was interesting. ha and then we were talking to our Elders and apparently when they went up, they started saying stuff, like "you know Jesus loves you and is the only way to salvation," and "oh ya we are Jewish' So that was kind of interesting, b/c the first part we already know obviously but they said they were Jewish which doesn't make sense b/c Jews (or at least the Judiasm I was taught about) don't believe that Christ has come yet. So that was interesting, but the Mission President talked to us about it and said basically just ignore them and don't even aknowledge that they are there. On a more spiritual note, you should all watch the Joseph Smith Movie again if you have time, I have watched it 3 times since being here, and every time I can just feel the spirit so strong and it just is so amazing to see the sacrifices that the early saints made and it makes a year and a half mission seem like nothing at all and ya I don't think i'd watched in in like 3 or 4 years before coming here and it really is just such a great movie to remind us of all the things that Joseph Smith did and for the amazing sacrifices that were made so that we could have this gospel in our lives! I know that this is the true church and i cannot wait to get to Thailand and teach it to the people there (13 days and 4 hours until we leave, in case you were wondering... but who's counting?? ha) But yes watch it again if you haven't seen it in a while!! :) Other than that, I hope things are going well at home, it sounds like all the girls are in Florida with my Linkin, and new NEPHEW!!!!! (thanks to Jason telling me) Congratualtions Jon and Dani! I can't wait to meet him! now I don't have to call him baby Topanga!! :) But hope everything is good! Love you all!!! Love, Sister Itri

No comments:

Post a Comment